About Me

My photo
Delaware, United States
My name is Ashley Poteat and I'm studying Cosmetology in high school and when I graduate I want to work in a spa &salon for part time job. While going to college to major in fashion as a entrepreneur with my own fashion line.Also I want to be a personal stylist for famous people from picking out their clothes for occassions to doing their hair, nails and makeup both males and females. My inspiration has always been Kimora Lee Simmons and I watched all her episodes of Life in the Fab Lane to get experience what the fashion industry will be like. With that said I also want to become a fashion model for other clothing brands. Hopefully one day my dream will come true and I'll be living life in the fab lane like Kimora and all my other inspirations!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Daily Diary!!

Today at this Summer Program I go to called Learning Through Technology, I meet Stephanie Goetsch, entrepreneur and founder for http://www.herexchange.com/ . She talked about her life and how she started the work business she is in today. I learned a lot of different idea, tips and technique to get to where she is today and how to become successful in life.I learned that you can't get to the top alone, it's not about what you know it's about who you know, because know matter how intelligent or smart you are, the people that been there and done that, may know more of what you want to do and can help you go farther along the way. So don't be afraid to meet different and new people and respect them because you never know who your being nice to and who your being mean too. So always have & show respect, manners, self esteem and confidence within yourself, because first impression always matter and goes along way.Another thing I learned is whatever you want to do in life as a career and you are very passionate about it never start small always go large and for the bigger and better things in life. Lots of people say you have to start at the bottom to get to the top yeah that is true but at the same time if you want something now and you love it then go for it never under estimate yourself and say you can't do it, just got for it and hope for the best, because you get out what you put in. The thing I learned overall from this lesson is "Always strive for the best and Never settle for the worst", because no matter what you are dealing with rather it's personal life, business field, family, or anything you love and cherish the most never give up, keep pushing because anything can happen and if others can do it, then so can YOU!!. Thanks for Reading "My Daily Diary, Sincerely Ashley :)

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, you captured the true essence of the day - love it! You have great passion and vision, you are going to be a major force in fashion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stephanie Goetsch, Thanks so much again for the encouraging words :)

    ReplyDelete